Temporary residence permit due to conducting a business activity

Emil Grzelak        08 January 2016        Comments (4)

The beginning of the new year does not mean that you should make some New Year’s resolutions, but for some, the symbolic change of date is particularly encouraging and motivates to action. Therefore,  it is a time when many people decide to open a business and I decided to write about the possibility of obtaining a temporary residence permit on the basis of conducting business in Poland.

Let’s start by saying that if you run a business in Poland you can anytime apply for a temporary residence permit. It does not matter whether you have opened a new company or purchased shares in an existing one.

What you will need?

There are two groups of documents you need to provide:

  1. concerning directly you
  2. concerning your company

The first group includes having a health insurance, guaranteed source of income and place of residence in Poland.

The second group of documents is related to your business. You should prove that your company generates certain revenue or hire at least two employees.

What if your business does not generate sufficient income or you do not hire any employees?

In that case you will have to prove that you have financial resources required to bring sufficient income in the future or that you took actions beneficial to the Polish economy contributing to the growth of investment, technology transfer, innovations or job creation.

Like any other type of a temporary residence permit, this one is also granted for the period necessary to accomplish the purpose of residence – from three months to three years.

{ 4 comments… read them below or add one }

Nur Islam Pavel October 3, 2016 at 14:11

I am Pavel. I am from Bangladesh currently holding Latvian TRP(work permit 15/02/17). I would like to open a business( Kabab shop or Indian Restaurent In Lodz) in Poland . So I need some information. 1. am I eligible to open a business in Poland? 2. Will I eligible to get new TRP in poland ? 3. Is there any different business rules for me? I will wait for your kind reply.
Thank you


Emil Grzelak October 6, 2016 at 21:32

Dear Pavel, for sure I will be able to help you. I’ve contacted you by e-mail.


Saqib Chaudhry January 7, 2017 at 11:15

Hi Emil, I came across your website regarding TRP for Poland. I was about to apply for Lithuania TRP next week and someone just told me to explore the option of Poland as well. Can you please let me know if we can have a call today to discus. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I have a tourist Schengen visa , however I would like to have a TRP for Poland so that I can acquire PRP. Can you let me know if this is posisble? Do I need to pass exam of Polish language to get a PRP?




Emil Grzelak January 9, 2017 at 23:42

Hi Saqib, please check your mailbox.


Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: