Visa to Poland

Emil Grzelak        16 March 2016        Comment (1)

If you are thinking seriously about coming to Poland, you should learn about the possible types of visa.

Regardless of the reason you want to travel to Poland – sightseeing, working, studying etc. – one thing is certain: before you come here you need to apply for a visa. With this article you will find out what types of visa you can apply for and what is the difference between them.

What is a Visa?

Basically, visa is a document that allows you to enter and stay in Poland. As a rule visas are issued by Polish consulates.

The type of visa you need actually depends on two things: the purpose of your visit to Poland and the time period you are going to stay here.

National Visa or Schengen Visa?

Schengen visa allows you to stay in the Schengen Area for a certain period of time up to the maximum of 90 days within a period of 180 days. This period is being calculated starting from the first entry to the Schengen Area.

If you intend to stay in Poland for a total of more than 90 days during one or more visits within a half-year period, you need to apply for a national visa. This type of visa can be issued for maximum one year. This is the most typical visa granted for students, workers and family members as they usually need to stay here longer.

Interestingly, with national visa you can also move within the territory of other Schengen states for up to three months within a half-year period.

As you can see, the differences between visas are pretty simple and easy to understand. More difficult thing is to complete the required documents and get a visa.

You can learn more about the visa application process in my next post.

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Ajay Sharma December 20, 2016 at 10:30

Dear Sir
I am Commerce Graduate and have good experience in Accounts. How i can apply for work visa. What are the document required. If i apply through you people,
Ajay sharma


Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: